[mythtv-users] Running Dual pcHDTV cards

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Wed Feb 9 13:52:03 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 05:17 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>> So I'll try card swapping removal next.
>
> * I took out the other capture cards (the pcHDTV-5500 and PVR-350)
> Then tested -- same problem. Choppy/broken Video/Sound.
>
> * I moved the pcHDTV-3000 into another slot.
> Then tested -- same problem.
>
> In both cases, the Myth still reports > 92% signal and 3.9dB S/N (which
> if I remember right is 39dB S/N)
>
> So either the card has bit the dust somehow -- or it's something else
> maybe I'm not aware of.

Do you have one antenna feeding into both cards, or two different
antennas, one feeding into each card?

If two antennas, have you tried swapping antenna inputs to the different
cards?

Even if you just have the one antenna, you may want to try swapping
inputs / cables - could be a dodgy cable.

I know you said > 92% signal - it's still worth a check, in my opinion.