[mythtv-users] Continuing the lirc Fedora14 issue with PVR350

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 9 05:22:21 UTC 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 11:55 PM, The Walters wrote:

>> I believe the issue here is that you're using something other than the
>> stock Hauppauge remote with a Hauppauge receiver. You'll have to push
>> an updated keymap into the kernel here, using ir-keytable from the
>> v4l-utils package (which isn't quite in Fedora yet, but will be RSN).
>> ir-keytable can also help you generate said keymap, as it'll show the
>> scancodes for pressed buttons that aren't mapped to keycodes.
>>
>> Yes, we need more documentation here. :)
>>
> Thanks for the information I knew I was missing something.  The remote I have is the grey remote (A415-HPG) which came with the card.

Oh, hrm, so it is. And I actually have the same remote, just didn't make
the connection (I see A415-something printed on the inside of the battery
cover of one of my grey Hauppauge remotes). That one actually *should*
Just Work(tm) though. So now I'm re-confused. Are you positive that the
batteries in it are still good? :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com