[mythtv-users] [old] Re: XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Feb 9 03:49:57 UTC 2011

Mark Kendall wrote:

> Bob - I'm  confused. I can't actually see why the previous
> thread/discussion would lead you to believe you need to upgrade your
> hardware. CPU++ doesn't use XvMC (or indeed libmpeg2), so nothing has
> really changed for your situation. If you are using XvMC in your
> display profile, have you checked it's actually being used? I'm not
> familiar with the Quadro line but generally speaking VDPAU and XvMC
> support are mutually exclusive - I wouldn't expect the driver to
> support XvMC.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Mark, you're right, my bad.  CPU++ uses ffmpeg and XVideo.  Doh!  I
haven't messed with it in a couple of months on that machine, and all's
now well with VDPAU High Quality on my main Myth box, so I'd forgotten.

Well, I guess that solves my problem in a very painless way!

Sorry for bothering the list with this.
Bob