[mythtv-users] [old] Re: XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Feb 9 02:22:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 16:01 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
> Or, as we have tried to make as clear as we can, simply don't upgrade MythTV
> if you need some functionality which is not available in a later version.

That would be much easier if the protocol would have some back/for-ward
compatibility.  Even for a release or 3, but as it is every single
upgrade of just one single machine in a myth network means *everything*
has to be upgraded and thus it means that all of your frontends need to
have similar capabilities if hardware features are going to continue to
be deprecated as releases go on.

b.