[mythtv-users] No Display

Andy mizeraka at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 23:42:48 UTC 2011

Well that is a great idea... in theory.  I tried this a couple of different ways... I paused a YouTube clip, and I tried playing a 10 second silence clip on loop in audacious and in VLC.
When I do that, I can "see" the desktop and/or the mythtv frontend. But when I try to play a clip, I get an error saying: "Potential ALSA version problem; [the program] failed to initialize your sound output device (if any).  Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.23-2-g8d80d5f or higher to try to fix this issue"
I am running mythtv v. 0.24, so I assume this error message is occurring because the ALSA mixer is occupied with whatever was playing.
Also is it weird that the TV continues to recognize the signal even when a clip is paused?