[mythtv-users] No passive EIT on Live TV, only on recordings

klaas de waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:02:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Martin van Es <mrvanes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some logging to 'prove' the problem (as far as I can tell, it's
> a bug but I'd like to hear otherwise or the magic button to fix
> this!). My setup consists of 2 DVB-C tuners (1,3). Mythtv version:
> 0.24-fixes (git). Could anyone at least confirm that this is working
> or failing on Ziggo DVB-C for them as well?

I have a system with one DVB-C tuner receiving the Ziggo cable signal.
The single physical tuner is configured with four logical tuners.
Software version is 0.25 "master" as of yesterday.
I reconfigured the system not to do active EIT scan.
On this system the behaviour is roughly the same as described  by Martin:
- no EIT data when watching live TV
- no EIT data when watching live TV and making a recording of a different
channel simultaneously (n.b. on the same multiplex because there is only one
physical tuner)
- lots of EIT data when making a recording without live TV (after backend
was started).

I suggest you make a ticked for this as I agree it should work, although I
expect most MythTV users will make a recording at least every day so that
they never notice this.

Klaas.