[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Backend UPnP Disappears

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 11:21:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running stock MythTV 0.23.1+fixes26437-0ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 10.10 and am
experiencing some strange behaviour when using UPnP access to recordings. I
am using a WD Live and XBMC to access the MythTV UPnP server. Sometimes the
MythTV UPnP server is visible and then other times its not. When Myth's UPnP
server is accessible it works fine and I can browse and play recordings
without any issues at all. But then after a period it will not be visible
again and I cant get at any access.

If I use UPnP Inspector to look for the MythTV UPnP server it also often
fails to find it. The MythTV backend in all other respects is working
perfectly but UPnP seems to come and go for no apparent reason.

Is anyone else on the list experiencing anything similar to this with Myth's
UPnP server?

Thanks

Andrew