[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 10.10 - Antec Fusion VFD + IR

Ash Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:57:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

Recently upgraded to mythbuntu 10.10 and I'm trying to get the VFD + IR
working (with an mce remote).

I have the latest versions installed:
lcdproc = 0.5.3
lirc  = 0.8.7-pre3

lsusb reports the device as Bus 002 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc.
iMON PAD Remote Controller
/etc/LCDd.conf is set to use the imon driver
/etc/modprobe.d/imon.conf has: options imon display_type=1
(i've been using this option successfully in ubuntu 10.04 and setting this
to anything else instead of type 1 just gives me these errors: imon:
lcd_write: invalid payload size: 32 (expecting 8))

I do get text displayed on the vfd but it's just 1 line of random letters
and symbols.

On the lirc side of things I done a sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc, set it as a
linux input layer and using
/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:0b.0-usb-0:7:1.0-event-mouse (i've tried all
the other options as well).
Running irw and then pressing buttons on my mce remote gives me no output at
all.

Is any one using an Antec Fusion VFD + IR successfully with Mythbuntu 10.10,
and if so what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks,
Ash