[mythtv-users] Recording Playback Length

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:20:03 UTC 2011

On 04/02/2011 18:09, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/04/2011 05:49 AM, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>> Yes, bookmarks were definitely taking me to the wrong place last
>> night, but skipping forwards from the start of the recording was
>> working ok.
>>
>> Sounds like I need to rebuild my seek tables then. Is there an easy
>> way to do this for all recordings? I did a very quick search for this
>> last night, but it was late and I didn't find anything straight away.
>>
>> I don't know if it make a difference, but I was seeing the problems
>> while watching an in-progress recording.
>
> Ah, yeah. I think there may be some issues with seek tables for
> in-progress recordings and Live TV. However, once the recording
> finishes, things should work fine.

Ok, I did wonder if that made a difference, I'll do a bit more testing
and see.

> Also, you may want to try updating to newer 0.24-fixes, as some work has
> been done on this (and more work may be in progress?).

I'm using the Gentoo ebuilds from https://github.com/MythTV/packaging
and I was running v0.24-127-gbb5e107
(bb5e10714603ea5e599e38d1ec109046105ed2b1) until I upgraded yesterday to
v0.24-144-g8bf1a3a (8bf1a3a492d5b0b9c152fd4a3d97e31adcde28af) [think
I've got that right] after which I started noticing the problem.

Cheers,
Robert.