[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Fri Feb 4 17:22:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Anthony Rooney <rooneyo at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I will learn and understand this product despite assholes like you because I
> believe in the idea of Open Source Software and can work my way through all
> the design deficiencies and be well placed to help others.  I believe Open
> Source  can leverage on some of the methodologies that were successful for
> inferior commercial software without compromising the core advantages of the
> Linux architecture.  I already have Myth working quite well despite all the
> issues of poor UI and terrible documentation however I make no apologies
> from being frustrated for no other reason than I can envisage what it could
> be without dickheads who want to keep it unusable except for a few elites.
> The whole idea of feedback is to seek to stimulate improvement.
>
> Open source can learn a lot from things that Microsoft and Apple did
> successfully without compromising what is good about Unix unless they allow
> themselves to be dominated those intent on keeping it limited to exclusive
> fundamentalists.
>
> One day there might be a version of Unix that can be fully administered via
> a well designed GUI without the need to use a character based TERMINAL .
>
> How about that for a design goal?
>
> Regards
>

> Anthony

Anthony,

This is entirely off topic for this list and is only causing bad
feelings among our users. If you continue with this off topic
aggravating discussions I will be forced to remove you from the list.

Do you understand?

And this goes for anyone else that continues to 'fight the good
fight'. This is not the acceptable place for this discussion and if
you would like to continue it, please take it off list.

Thanks,
~Rob