[mythtv-users] Recording Playback Length

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:56:06 UTC 2011

On 4 Feb 2011, at 06:00 AM, "john.baab at gmail.com" <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:

> When playing back my recordings the time in the OSD often doesn't
> match with the actual running time of the recording itself.  Example
> Community from last night, recorded from 8:00 - 8:31.
>
> Running ffmpeg on this recording I see:
> Duration: 00:30:57.31, start: 56537.388856, bitrate: 15027 kb/s
>
> From my logs the recording time is correct:
> 2011-01-20 20:00:02.759 Started recording: Community:"Asian Population
> Studies": channel 7081 on cardid 1, sourceid 7
> 2011-01-20 20:31:00.936 Finished recording Community "Asian Population
> Studies": channel 7081
>
> But when I watch it, MythTV's OSD says the recording is 25:57.  If I
> go ahead and watch the recording the entire thing is there, so
> playback is unaffected.  Rebuilding the seek table for the recording
> doesn't help.  Any ideas?

No ideas, but just a "me too". I've just upgraded to the latest 0.24-fixes and I now see this problem on all my recordings. Previously it was just on the HD channels that I was seeing it. It breaks bookmarks and skipping around for me which is annoying, but I've not had chance to investigate any further yet.  I'll try and do some digging this weekend if I get the chance.

Robert.