[mythtv-users] New frontend, some questions

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 4 05:57:27 UTC 2011

* On Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 05:51:25PM +0100, raptor jr wrote:
> You mean "Refresh downloadable themes"? Tried that, still only shows 5
> themes(childish,metallurgy,mythbuntu,mythcenter,mythcenter-wide,terra).
> And i think that it should show the same themes that the 1st frontend
> shows, there i have like 10-15 themes.

In 0.24, it's "show" or "hide".  In git master, it's "refresh" since we
always show the downloadable themes now.  The latest versions of master
will also alert you if a new version of your current theme becomes
available for download.

On this frontend, does the user running mythfrontend have write access
to the ~/.mythtv/ directory structure?  The Theme Chooser downloads
or extracts files into several sub directories under the .mythtv
directory.

If your permissions look OK, check for a ~/.mythtv/tmp/themes.zip
file.  This is the file containing the index of downloadable
themes.  The list you gave above are the stock themes included in the
source repository.  This is the file that is downloaded when the
list is refreshed either automatically or via the popup menu option.

Can you run mythfrontend with the "-v network,file,extra" command
line arguments. You should see the frontend attempt to download this
themes.zip file from
http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip.
If the errors don't indicate what's wrong, please reply with the
relevant portion of the log and I'll take a look.

--
Chris Pinkham