[mythtv-users] Hardware setup

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Feb 3 16:14:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 10:10:54PM -0800, Ryan Davis wrote:
> So a dual core atom will handle the stream from my HDhomerun but how will it
> do with flash content?  I read a few posts about it being choppy.

    The Atom will only be able to handle anything it can accelerate with
the GPU (that nvidia GPU). Just about anything it tries to handle in
software will be a bit of a disaster.

    The Atom itself is a very weak CPU.

    At this point, Flash performance will depend on the webmaster.

    Acceleration (both new and old) exists in Flash but they have to be
explicitly enabled by the webmaster in order for them to be used. Flash
can trash a much more powerful machine than an Atom because of this.

[deletia]