[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-B-E close-out at MicroCenter

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:28:12 UTC 2011

2011/2/2 Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com>:
> I snagged one of these at the Denver MicroCenter yesterday for $83
> plus tax.  Even though it uses just the single core N230, it's more
> than adequate for 1080i MPEG2 (about 12% CPU utilization) if you use
> VDPAU.
>
> Please note that the wiki's notes on VDPAU are correct - you MUST
> allocate at least 256 megs of RAM to the built-in video to enable
> VDPAU (it failed to initialize video with 32 megs allocated, and I had
> a headslap moment when I searched the wiki page for clues).
>
> Calvin Dodge

Hello, I have a Nvidia ION based board and I getting some problems
with HD contents. I read the post and I notice that you use to
allocate at least 256-512MB of RAM to the built-in video to enable
VDPAU.

How can I allocate this on a Debian system? I never read about it,
thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano