[mythtv-users] UK-Mendip DVB-T multiplex, post 11 January 2011

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:49:26 UTC 2011

On 27 January 2011 14:40, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Have a look at my post to the linux-media list
> > <
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/28366
> >
> > which might have some things that are applicable to your setup also. I'm
> > thinking particularly of USB autosuspend and active EIT scanning.
>
> I do not have EIT on at all (I use XMLTV RT).  Not sure about the
> autosuspend option this will be set to whatever Mythbuntu uses as a
> default.
>
> It always seems to be the 2nd one that stops working for me - I use
> two separate USB tuners (it is not a combined model).
>
> I have tried to run MythSetup and tried to tune to channel when the
> system is in a fit and the 2nd tuner also does not tune to the
> multiplexes having problems.  If I try to tune to channels on the 1st
> tuner it works fine.  I guess that this may be because Myth is still
> trying to use the 2nd tuner as it is stuck in "t" mode.
>
> All my multiplexes are "8K" bandwidth and not "2K" so that is not the
> problem for me.
>
> All very strange this was working very reliably.

OK, this is kinda weird as I have just started suffering loads of tuner
issues with my Nova-T500 which apart from a bit of breakup during really
high pressure weather has been rock solid since I bought it years ago.

I did have a problem a couple of weeks ago where the box shut itself down
after a couple of minutes which was due to a failed PSU fan - which is now
resolved.

I have read your linked post, and I have been though the same process with
my system. I have dropped back to the 1.10 firmware which was OK for about
36 hours.

All I can track down are posts from 2008/9 reporting that this is all fixed
with 1.20 firmware and in the drivers - I am running Mythbuntu 10.10 and
have been for about 4 months. Before that it was the previous 2 versions of
Mythbuntu, both of which were stable.

I originally saw and ignored this tread based on the title, but based on
other's experiences I am now wondering if something has changed on the
multiplexes somehow, and this is making the tuning unreliable and causing
the tuners to crash now and again.