[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-B-E close-out at MicroCenter

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:35:58 UTC 2011

I snagged one of these at the Denver MicroCenter yesterday for $83
plus tax.  Even though it uses just the single core N230, it's more
than adequate for 1080i MPEG2 (about 12% CPU utilization) if you use
VDPAU.

Please note that the wiki's notes on VDPAU are correct - you MUST
allocate at least 256 megs of RAM to the built-in video to enable
VDPAU (it failed to initialize video with 32 megs allocated, and I had
a headslap moment when I searched the wiki page for clues).

Calvin Dodge