[mythtv-users] lirc_zilog - HDPVR

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Wed Feb 2 04:10:17 UTC 2011

At Tue,  1 Feb 2011 22:03:07 -0500 (EST), you wrote
>On 2/1/11 5:14 PM, James MacKenzie wrote:
>> I've got a MythTV system I've been running for several years now and it's
>> great.  This past weekend I switched from Comcast over to FiOS.  Because of
>> this, my PVR250 needs to be able to switch channels on the STB.
>

>Does your STB have a firewire port?   That's how I change channels on my
>Motorola 6200.   Works quite well.  And isn't "blind" like a blaster.
>
>I have a hd-pvr, but never got the IR stuff working.  Can't say that I
>tried very hard, though.
>

>-WD

Thanks for that suggestion!!!  I hadn't even thought about that and it's a
great idea.  I see that my box is definitely supported by a Google search, and
my MB does have a FW port, so I guess I'm off to the store tomorrow to buy a
cable.  That should be MUCH easier than trying to get this other lirc piece
working.

Thanks again!

----