[mythtv-users] Unpausing sometimes stops playback

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Tue Feb 1 22:53:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:50, John Veness
<John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk>wrote:

> Starting within the last few days, I've noticed that sometimes when I
> unpause playback (using P on a keyboard) of a recorded program, the playback
> will stop and take me back to the list of recordings. It doesn't happen
> every time, but it does happen a lot.
>
> I have things set up so that if I stop playback, a bookmark is set, but
> when the above problem happens, there is no bookmark set, so I don't think
> the problem is that I'm pressing Esc instead of P.
>
> I use Ubuntu 10.10 and keep up-to-date MythBuntu autobuilds, and as I say,
> the problem started within the last few days.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, I've been seeing a lot of this in recent days; it's intermittent but
frequent.  I just caught a "-v playback" log of it happening (after some
attempts that worked and some skipping about).

http://westbrook.com/mythfrontendlog20110201a.txt

I haven't had time yet to try nailing down a specific commit that introduced
this.

HTH,
Eric