[mythtv-users] UK commflagging script

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 10:44:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Alex Butcher wrote:

> I took it upon myself to hack <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silence-detect.sh>
> into something practical that can actually be used to commflag UK TV
> recordings.  The results of my hacking can be found at
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper>.
>
> Improvements and suggestions welcome.

I've just put a new version up on the wiki.

It fixes all of the TODOs bar implementing a "flag all unflagged recordings"
mode. Maybe when I can trust it to not go haywire... :-)

So it now pulls the MySQL config from mysql.txt, automatically works out
$RECORDINGSROOT by querying the database for storagegroups, sets a skiplist
instead of a cutlist (but can optionally copy that skiplist to the cutlist
automatically), and specifies that bash should be used as I use some
bash-specific features.

Best Regards,
Alex