[mythtv-users] Asus GT240 video card - thumbs up?

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Tue Feb 1 00:29:40 UTC 2011

Good day all!

How well would you rate the following video card for MythTV?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121353

I'm considering it as an upgrade over the 8400 GS in one of my machines (an
i7-860 w/4GB RAM).

I believe a GT240 is a VDPAU Feature Set C card, which is the way to go,
yes?  Also, I figure the 1GB can't hurt anything, the form factor is
satisfactory, fan noise is not an issue here, and the price with rebate
seems reasonable enough.  I've always heard mixed reviews on Asus gear, but
I've never had any issues with Asus products myself.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Eric