[mythtv-users] Which antenna is attached to this wire?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 22:19:57 UTC 2011

I presently have DVB-T and DVB-S tuners for my backend. Both antennas
terminate in the same corner of the lounge, so it's easy to just back
the backend up to that corner of the room.

However we are moving to a different rental property. It has a sat
dish and a terrestrial antenna on the roof, but terminations at
different ends of the room. I can accommodate that because my DVB-T
tuner is a HDHR. However how do I know which one terminates where,
apart from clambering on the roof and doing some sort of continuity
test?

I want to know before I move everything, so I can plan where
everything will sit.

I guess I can take the HDHR round with a laptop and see where it works
in the room, then assume the other termination is the satellite dish.

Can anyone think of any other way? Would there be a marked difference
in impedance that I could measure with a multimeter?