[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:22:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rescue Me/Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump.mkv
>>
>> Which, seems like it should be supported from my reading of the wiki
>>
>> And it still gets it wrong:
>>
>> It gets:
>>
>> Title:  Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump
>> Subtitle: Jump
>> (and that is all)
>>

> What are you using to do your scan?  This exact example parses perfectly for
> me in both Master and .24.
>
> Title = Rescue Me
> Subtitle = Jump
> Season = 5
> Episode = 21
>
> Are you scanning in MythWeb?

On each round of tests I was removing the symlinks to the folders than
contain all of the tv shows, rescanning withing myth-video, readding
the symlinks, and then scanning again.

Part of the issue may have been that I also had those episodes in a
folder named "Rescue Me".

I was only using mythweb to see what it did when I was composing
e-mails - it seemed to line up with what I was seeing in mythvideo.

I just finished renaming everything yesterday, and I think it is
finally happy - but it hasn't finished re-crawling through everything
and getting metadata yet.  So I'll see if it goes wrong again.

Some of those wrong season pictures that it downloaded just wouldn't
go away, even when I rescanned while the files were gone, so I finally
just deleted Myth's entire cache of pictures this morning.  It seems
to be fetching the correct ones so far.