[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 00:54:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Dan Armbrust <
> daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Robert McNamara
>> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Use a supported naming scheme and it won't get it wrong in the first
>> place.
>> >
>> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
>>
>> So, I try this:
>>
>> Rescue Me/Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump.mkv
>>
>> Which, seems like it should be supported from my reading of the wiki
>>
>> And it still gets it wrong:
>>
>> It gets:
>>
>> Title:  Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump
>> Subtitle: Jump
>> (and that is all)
>>

> What are you using to do your scan?  This exact example parses perfectly
> for me in both Master and .24.
>
> Title = Rescue Me
> Subtitle = Jump
> Season = 5
> Episode = 21
>
> Are you scanning in MythWeb?
>
> Robert

As an aside, your *original* title scans and parses perfectly for me too--
the ( ends up in the title and then is stripped out in the metadata lookup
because the closest return is the TV show "Rescue Me."

Try it yourself, and make sure to scan in MythVideo.  Do not insert using
any other tool, do not under any circumstances scan in MythWeb.

Post logs if it goes wrong.

Robert