[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 00:19:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Use a supported naming scheme and it won't get it wrong in the first place.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

So, I try this:

Rescue Me/Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump.mkv

Which, seems like it should be supported from my reading of the wiki

And it still gets it wrong:

It gets:

Title:  Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump
Subtitle: Jump
(and that is all)

(In this case, however, it doesn't replace half of the text with junk
from doing the show identifier lookup on the wrong DB)

Which then displays as

Rescue Me 05x21 - Jump - Jump

It seems to be the hyphen that is confusing it, even though it is
supposed to ignore those?

This seems to work:

Rescue Me/Rescue Me 05x21 Jump.mkv

as does this:
Rescue Me/Rescue Me [05x21] Jump.mkv

Which is what I guess I'll settle on.

My wishlist for these metadata issues is:

1) KISS.  Let the user define their own pattern(s) which are evaluated
before the -try-to-parse-anything- magic
2) Make the -try-to-parse-anything- bit smarter when it comes to
figuring out that it got it wrong.  When it does get it wrong, just
use the users filenames.

Maybe I'll have time to look at 1, someday.