[mythtv-users] OT: Hiring some remote help (to set up a Calendar server)

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 14:23:10 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I've just lost two days of my life trying to set up a calendar server
and am admitting defeat. I need some help. I know that there are a
couple of services out there where you can hire someone to remotely set
something up. Can any of you recommend any of them, or even specific
individuals within them?

I'm wanting to set up a calendar server on my mythbox so that I can
transport my locally hosted Sunbird calendars onto a remote server. I'll
then use Lightning (Thunderbird) instead of Sunbird and want it all to
synchronise with my iphone. I've been around the houses, from DaviCal,
Radicale, Calendar Server to WebCalendar (hosted on a domain I have) and
back to DaviCal. None of it is exactly 'plug and play' and I could doo
with some help to get past the configuration.

And before anyone suggests it, yes, I know I could make my life much
easier by using Google Calendar as the server, but I try to restrict the
amount of my personal data that google holds.

Any tips?

Cheers
Damian