[mythtv-users] (UK) ITV duplicate program Id and duplicate detection

John reidjr at lineone.net
Tue Dec 27 17:34:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just been looking at why I am getting multiple recordings and also
strange recording decisions ( record later for no apparent reason).

A good example of what I am seeing is that the same episodes of "Agatha
Christie's Poirot" are available on ITV1,ITVHD, ITV+1, ITV3, ITV3+1. In
some cases the programme IDs match for the same show, in others they
dont. (they usually have the same last  4 digits). Is this "expected
behavior", or is there a bug in the way the program Ids are
received/transmitted.

Also as the programme ID is used as the unique Identifier, whats the
workaround for duplicate detection?