[mythtv-users] Little Off Topic: FreePBX -> Growl Notifications

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Tue Dec 27 15:19:05 UTC 2011

> alternatively upgrade to trunk (what will be 0.25) and configure
> freepbx to
> use http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#mythmessage???

It appears that all that needs to be done to send a message to a frontend is send to a url http://mythfrontendtosendto:6547/MythFE/Message?text=MYMESSAGE which will pop up MYMESSAGE on the frontend.  If correct, that looks like it could make this extremely simple to do from FreePBX extensions.  I can probably piece it together from a couple different tutorials.
I am a bit concerned about the stability (read WAF) of upgrading to 0.25 until it's released.  Do you have any comments about how stable it is these days?