[mythtv-users] MythVideo directory loction setup for MythWeb ?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Dec 22 20:12:46 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 14:22, Mark Boyum wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> The Video support in MythWeb should be considered broken and should not
>> used.
> Is it broken 0.24-fixes or just trunk/master?  I recently switched to
> video storage groups with the express intent of getting MythWeb to
> display my video collection on 0.24-fixes.

In 0.23 and previous, MythWeb still used the old local folder
definitions for MythVideo.  In 0.24, this was rewritten to use storage
groups, but the scanner did not behave properly (in 0.25, the scanner
has been removed and replaced with a call to the backend to do so).  The
error Chris listed above is because it still pulls the old local folder
definition, even though it doesn't use it.  The page only supports a
very simplified folder view, with no file access, no access to the new
data grabbers, and limited access to the metadata available in the database.