[mythtv-users] Trimslice ARM PC

Ian Bonham ian.bonham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:29:37 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm looking at replacing my backend and frontend myth setups shortly (quick
aside, thanks again to the developers for the time you devote to Myth, it
is deeply appreciated by many).

With an Eco head on, I'm looking at getting the power requirement down as
much as possible, and the new TrimSlice caught my eye.
http://trimslice.com/web/

It seems it would make a nice low power backend, with additional USB
storage, and also a nice front end (SD only at the moment, but when the HD
drivers come then better, but I'm happy with SD for most of my video at the
moment)

I was wondering what, if any, experience people had got using ARM based
PC's for Myth? Even as a test I'm tempted to put Debian on my Zaurus
SL-C3000 and run the Pri backend on that as an experiment, so see how it
interacts with a secondary backend / frontend under the TV and the pri can
wake the secondary up to record when necess.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks,

Bon