[mythtv-users] Transcoded recordings playback fails: audio failure, video stutters (was Last MythTV Gentoo ebuild... buffer issues)

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:37:48 UTC 2011

On 12/18/11 4:20 PM, Roger Heflin wrote:
> Check your network using on the backend/frontend when this is happening.
>
> There is an old feature in myth that had it stream from the backend to
> the frontend within myth vs with nfs.
>
> One of my frontends was setup (a long time ago) to stream that way and
> matched what you are seeing and the network bandwidth being used was
> way too high (50Mbyte/s for something that should have been
> <1mbyte/second)).

Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  I
copied the nuv to an SMB share that I have mounted for Videos, went into
videos, same bad results.  I renamed it to avi, and used mplayer for
playback which worked flawlessly.  I even copied the file to the local
directory, again same.  Basically the internal player is the one having
the trouble, regardless of location.  *Shrug*.  I'll give it a shot
anyways, but I don't mount the Recordings directory on my frontend.

-J