[mythtv-users] SOLVED - At a loss with this harmony 650 and lirc...

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sun Dec 18 03:31:59 UTC 2011

On 12/17/11 12:08 PM, jzigpublic wrote:

> irw will now work if lircd is configured properly.  lircd needs to be
> running for irw to work.  If you get nothing with irw, then stop the
> lircd daemon and try running mode2 as follows:
> mode2 -H udp -d 5000
> mode2 will not work with lircd running.  The switches configure it to
> work with the hdhomerun.
> if you get responses from mode2 you can use irrecord to create a custom
> lircd.conf as follows:
> irrecord -H udp -d 5000 -n output.file
> Rename the output file to lircd.conf and put it in the appropriate place
> for you distro.  Restart lircd or maybe even reboot.

First off, thank you everyone who replied.

Ziggy, this was the part that I had missed.  irrecord

After feeding it the right command line and getting the codes down, I
was able to see life from irw.  After that, it was a matter of finding
where the keys were defined for myth and typing them in.

Now to find a better profile that makes use of all the buttons on the
remote.

Thank you again everyone, it's now showing life and I have the basic
(plus a few extra) functions mapped to the remote buttons.