[mythtv-users] HDHR + Over the Air + Sony Network Media Player + Buffalo NAS

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 23:17:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Jeremy Jones <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Jeff Tucker <jefftucker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ** **
>>
>> I have a different Sony Blu Ray Disc player and I also read that ticket
>> when I was setting mine up.  It was over my head and I didn't know where to
>> begin, but I also found out that my particular Blu-Ray Player would only
>> play SD content over the network.  In fact it needed to be a MPEG-2 TS with
>> 480p to work smoothly.  Since This was acceptable to me I just started
>> transcoding everything to that format, running mythlink to 'pretty' the
>> names (and folders) and serving the 'links' folder up to the Sony via
>> miniDLNA.  ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> If you figure something out though that will help with that ticket and
>> get the player 'seeing' myth directly, then please post back. I am
>> interested and I have seen at least one other post on the subject recently
>> too. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Jeremy,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Sounds like you and I have a similar setup. I have been noticing that
>> minidlna doesn't seem to be updating quick enough, or not at all, to
>> display newer folders/videos on the media player.****
>>
>> **
>>
> I remember having the same concerns/issues.  I finally got it working with
> some tweaking of different things.  I can't remember what all I did, but
> I'll look tonight and post back.

After re-looking at my setup I think I just gave up, and then never thought
about it again, because it does refresh.  Just not as soon as one would
think it should.

> **
>>
>> Scenario:****
>>
>> So basically I recorded a TV episode and once it completed its recording
>> I ran mythlink.pl to create the organized/readable links. MiniDLNA is
>> running so I assumed that it would have updated itself with the newest
>> folders/videos.****
>>
>> **
>>
> Yes, you can set up a user job to run mythlink for that recording only.  I
> also have a cron job setup to run mythlink nightly, so that I can clean up
> the links to deleted recordings.
>

>> **
>>
>> I assumed that the notify_interval basically configured the server to
>> notify the media player of any changes. It was 900 seconds but I set to 60
>> seconds to see if it would update.
>>

> I think that is right.  I remember playing with that setting too. I'll
> pull up my conf file and post it tonight.
>
> minidlna.conf:
----------------------------------
# port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic
port=8200

# network interface to bind to (this is the only interface that will serve
files)
network_interface=eth0

# set this to the directory you want scanned.
# * if have multiple directories, you can have multiple media_dir= lines
# * if you want to restrict a media_dir to a specific content type, you
#   can prepend the type, followed by a comma, to the directory:
#   + "A" for audio  (eg. media_dir=A,/home/jmaggard/Music)
#   + "V" for video  (eg. media_dir=V,/home/jmaggard/Videos)
#   + "P" for images (eg. media_dir=P,/home/jmaggard/Pictures)
media_dir=P,/2TB_HDD_1/pictures
media_dir=A,/2TB_HDD_1/audio
media_dir=V,/2TB_HDD_1/videos

# set this if you want to customize the name that shows up on your clients
friendly_name=Jones DLNA Server

# set this if you would like to specify the directory where you want
MiniDLNA to store its database and album art cache
#db_dir=/var/cache/minidlna

# set this if you would like to specify the directory where you want
MiniDLNA to store its log file
#log_dir=/var/log

# this should be a list of file names to check for when searching for album
art
# note: names should be delimited with a forward slash ("/")
album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg

# set this to no to disable inotify monitoring to automatically discover
new files
# note: the default is yes
inotify=yes

# set this to yes to enable support for streaming .jpg and .mp3 files to a
TiVo supporting HMO
enable_tivo=no

# set this to strictly adhere to DLNA standards.
# * This will allow server-side downscaling of very large JPEG images,
#   which may hurt JPEG serving performance on (at least) Sony DLNA
products.
strict_dlna=no

# default presentation url is http address on port 80
# presentation_url=http://www.jdj.home/index.php

# notify interval in seconds. default is 895 seconds.
notify_interval=900

# serial and model number the daemon will report to clients
# in its XML description
serial=12345678
model_number=1

Jeremy