[mythtv-users] Frame by frame rewind problems

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Dec 13 19:20:31 UTC 2011

On 11-12-13 02:11 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> Particularly when decoding is being done on the GPU. I don't think the
> decoded frames ever exist in system RAM.

Indeed.  I don't think I ever had any illusions that any of this could
be done on the GPU (i.e. with vdpau, etc.).  I had always assumed for
smooth back-stepping software decode would be necessary.

Now that said, I think I recall seeing some indications in the past of
being able to get decoded frames back out of VDPAU and into software as
an alternative or an adjunct to displaying them.  It was only a passing
comment that I saw so it may be entirely un-possible.

b.