[mythtv-users] Frame by frame rewind problems

Christopher Peters cpeters at ucmo.edu
Mon Dec 12 16:41:41 UTC 2011

Using the MPEG-2 test file provided at http://www.jhepple.com/support/sample_movies1.htm , I've compared frame-by-frame forward and reverse output under MythTV and avidemux.  When I back up a frame in avidemux, it looks as I would expect it to look - skip back one frame and no subsequent motion.  However, when I do the same thing in Myth, it looks as though it's skipping back several frames, *then* advancing to the requested frame.  As I'm trying to make this particular box into a slow-motion replay box for my school's athletics department (as I've said previously on-list), this behavior is a problem.  Is there a way I can make MythTV behave similarly to avidemux w/r/t frame reverse?

System:

Mythdora 10.21 (MythTV 0.21)
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 (capture)
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 (playback)