[mythtv-users] CableCard surprise

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Dec 8 13:20:21 UTC 2011

My guess is that Verizon uses switched digital video, which would
require you to use a tuning adapter hooked up to your system so that
your Prime/Ceton can properly tune channels. That said, looking at the
pics of a DCT-700 online, that does not appear to have any USB
connections. My guess is that someone screwed up and sent you a
digital adapter instead of a tuning adapter.

Once you properly get a tuning adapter, I'm fairly certain the FCC
rules say that they can't charge you extra for them.

--
Ron Frazier