[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-4400 and similar

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:36:46 UTC 2011

i sent my TBS 6981 card back for warranty, and i've given up hope of
ever seeing it again. i forsee a refund being sent out by the supplier
(although thats yet to be brought up... 1 week togo untill i can claim
for the 'lost in transit').

i'm wondering about the HVR-4400 as a replacement, however there is
one bit of info i cannot find: does it handle dual DVB-S(2) and
DVB-T(2) feeds? ie: 4 inputs?
the specs on hauppauge.com shows it supports each of those formats,
which is good, but i specifically want 2x DVB-S2 (primary TV signal),
and DVB-T(2) (low priority in mythtv, as i get weak signal, but good
enough if DVB-S is in use).

does the card allow it, or will mythtv only allow 2 inputs; 1x dvb-s, 1x dvb-t?

other alternatives are an option, but since the backend is running on
an ITX board, i only have 1x PCIe slot available, hence a hybrid card.
my current solution is the RMA'd dual DVB-S2 pcie card, and a USB
DVB-T which has proven to be very fussy.