[mythtv-users] Setting up a backend on Ub11.10

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Dec 7 18:09:00 UTC 2011

On 07.12.2011 17:14, Tyler T wrote:
>>> However, because they do not officially support a backend/frontend setup split
>>> between different machines, they were unable to help me further.
>
> This has always bothered me. Why put the code in if you're not going
> to support it?

What has splitting the function of frontend and backend to do with
actively supporting the installation of only the most needed files for
all combinations of use cases from binary packages?

>> Looking forward to your patches,
>> Karl
>
> ...case in point.

looking forward to your patches, too. :)

But please direct your effort into things you deem worthy. I was just
pointing out what should be done in xmltv land that would actually lead
toward the OPs target of avoiding unnecessary dependencies.

Regards,
Karl