[mythtv-users] OS X; Wirecast use with MythTV?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Dec 7 05:02:15 UTC 2011

On 5th December 2011, Bob Majors asked:

> Given my setup, would it be possible for MythTV to access the same signal that Wirecast is receiving (again, coming in through Firewire) simultaneously, so that I could continue to have live, true-streamed video (a requirement), and simultaneously record material via MythTV?

As far as I know, FireWire can't do that. You can have multiple hosts on a bus, but each one   creates a point-to-point connection and data transfer with a peripheral (in this case the Canopus).

It might be possible to create be a hack involving spoofing of node ids, timeslot synchronisation, and re-sending data, but I think getting MythTV to record from the WireCast or QuickTime stream would 4000% easier.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier|
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"|