[mythtv-users] Unknown socket

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 5 20:32:26 UTC 2011

Arghh!

I've had to rebuild my myth box (Mac mini, OS X 10.6.8) and I'm
upgrading to 0.24.  I had just about everything running this morning
(sense the foreshadowing?) but then got the bright idea that I ought
to tweak MySQL.  It appears strictly on defaults as there was no
my.cnf file in /etc.

I took a sample my-large.cnf and dropped it in as /etc/my.cnf.  By
mistake, I enabled "skip-networking".  Restarted the system and now I
notice that the log says MBE was running as a slave backend.  (There
is no other backend on my network.)  MythCommflag tried to start up
and complained "a file should be local, but it can not be found".
Then "MythSocket(1136b0:11): Unable to lookup:".

Of course, I commented out the skip-networking line and restarted
everything.  But MBE keeps starting up as a slave and complaining
about errors related to MythSocket.  I've run MythTV-Setup.app but
everything there seems normal.

Help!  What have I done?!?

Craig