[mythtv-users] Scanning For ClearQAM on Hauppauge HVR950Q

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Mon Dec 5 04:26:35 UTC 2011

On 11-12-04 04:23 PM, Andrew McCauley wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am having some difficulty setting up my first mythtv setup.  Live in
> the Dallas, TX area and have Time Warner basic cable.  I am building a
> combined fe/be running mythbuntu 10.10/ mythtv .24-fixes. My goal is
> to have a two tuner setup with one tuner for ota and one for clearqam.
>
> Relavent hardware:
> Intel I3 CPU
> ASUS GT430 GPU
> Hauppauge hvr 950q (Auvitek AU8522 chipset)
> Hauppauge hvr 1600 (not setup yet)

What hardware revision is your HVR-950Q ?
(the sticker on it should say, as will the tveeprom logs in syslog).

I have revision B3F0 versions here which work very well for ATSC (no cable here).
But the newer B4F0 versions appear to expose a race condition between
the various kernel modules which drive portions of the device.

The B4F0 ones (in most but not all systems here) don't work after
initial bootup.  They can be made to work though, by stopping mythbackend,
unplugging and then replugging the device, and then restarting mythbackend.

Does any of that help you there?