[mythtv-users] Trying to get music to play with MythMusic -- stumped.

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:27:10 UTC 2011

I read the documentation page for MythMusic, loaded the additional
packages, managed to figure out I needed to point at the raw device
when I couldn't get it to automount (or even manually mount) CDs, and
got so far as to rip a CD to disk.  I can play tracks from it using
VLC.  I can see it in the playlist options under the "Select Music"
screen.  I can see the playlist is active in the "Play Music" screen.
I have even figured out (by pounding random keys on the keyboard) that
"p" starts (or is supposed to, anyway) playback and "o" stops
playback.  What I can't figure out is how to get sound out of my
system when I type the "p" key.

What am I missing still?

Craig.