[mythtv-users] Newbie

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Dec 3 23:16:56 UTC 2011

John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> says:
> Yeechang Lee had a version of the threaded filewriter that didn't
> use the 1-second sync; it was used in the 'bijou' builds on ATrpms
> and I used it successfully for some time before going on to 0.24.

bijou only briefly patched out the 1-second forced sync. What it has
had since the beginning is much larger buffers in
ThreadedFileWriter.cpp:

-const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE   = 2*1024*1024;
-const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_MAX_WRITE_SIZE = TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 4;
-const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_MIN_WRITE_SIZE = TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 32;
+const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE   = 64*1024*1024;
+const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_MAX_WRITE_SIZE = TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 32;
+const uint ThreadedFileWriter::TFW_MIN_WRITE_SIZE = TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 256;

I haven't pushed out a bijou for 0.24 since it incorporated so many of
bijou patches but am hoping to do so in the next few weeks, with Ron
Frazier's Ceton work as its main attraction.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg