[mythtv-users] Fedora users - possible future problems

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Dec 2 12:50:26 UTC 2011

On 12/2/2011 06:57, Mike Perkins wrote:
> I happened across this, and thought to bring it to our attention. I know there
> are many Fedora users here. I personally do not use Fedora so am not /directly/
> affected by the proposed changes. Hoever, I understand that 0.25 will use syslog
> and that /will/ be affected if this goes through.

Rather, 0.25 can use syslog.  The new logger in 0.25 is just a generic
interface in the code, that can be sinked through the terminal, through
the filesystem, through the database, or through syslog.  Should their
new replacement gain traction among Linux in general, there is no reason
why another sink can't be implemented to support it as well.  Similarly,
there's no reason why one couldn't be written to interface with the
Windows event logger mentioned in the article.