[mythtv-users] Fedora users - possible future problems

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Dec 2 11:57:15 UTC 2011

I happened across this, and thought to bring it to our attention. I know there
are many Fedora users here. I personally do not use Fedora so am not /directly/
affected by the proposed changes. Hoever, I understand that 0.25 will use syslog
and that /will/ be affected if this goes through.

http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/229513/red-hats-linux-changes-fixes-or-isv-positioning

Gah! Sorry about the horrible website.

For the record I currently use Mandriva - which is based on Red Hat (though I
don't know which product) - and that uses rsyslog with which I am happy. I am
going off Mandriva though, as it brings in all the Gnome 3 bloat etc. I'll
probably move somewhere else next year. That's a rant for another time, though.

--

Mike Perkins