[mythtv-users] OSX Video Playback problems

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 05:48:54 UTC 2011

Hi

On 30 November 2011 15:24, MythTV <mythtv at taoyama.com> wrote:
> Here is a simple patch to build on Lion and Xcode 4.
>
> There is one gotcha when building Qt. When you build Qt 4.7.4 it will fail with a problem with the java script core library in webkit. When it fails you will need to change directory to
>
> .osx-packager/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/src/3rdparty/webkit/JavaScriptCore
>
> and then do a 'make'. When that completes go back to your build directory and reissue the osx-packager command.
>
> I have also built successfully on 10.6.8 with Xcode 3 using the patched osx-packager.
>
> I have NOT been able to test the resulting apps.
>
> The main problem is that gcc compiler in Xcode 4 has a problem compiling. This patch will revert to gcc-4.2 which should have been installed by Xcode 4.

Ok.

I've managed to build MythFrontend on Lion. I did it differently to
what you explained here.

However, the resulting app segfault as soon as it is started.

Starting it from the command line, I get:
Qt internal error: qt_menu.nib could not be loaded. The .nib file
should be placed in QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/  or in
the resources directory of your application bundle.
Abort trap: 6

So I copied the folder qt_menu.nib with:
cp -r .osx-packager/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/src/gui/mac/qt_menu.nib
MythFrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/

It now starts, but video playback all I get is a brownish screen.

I compiled the application on a 10.6 virtual machine, and the version
compile there works fine (that's with qt 4.6 however)