[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Wed Aug 31 21:56:27 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 04:49 PM, linux guy wrote:
> I am really happy that I asked this question.   I felt a bit foolish
> at first.
>
> However, now I need to sift through all this information and make a
> decision...

I think most are using something like an IRtoy and a real remote control
(and LIRC software).  I should do the same (will when I find the time),
but for now I'm using an IR keyboard.  The good thing is that it's
really hard to misplace a keyboard where as a remote can get into some
interesting places :).

BTW, LIRC is just one place you can tweak things.  Check out JP1 if you
want to tweak the remotes on the cheep.