[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Wed Aug 31 20:55:05 UTC 2011

2011/8/31 linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>:
> I need a bunch of IR receivers for my front end boxes.  What is everyone
> using ?

Cheap ebay HP MCE receivers...I tried a cheap ebay HP MCE remote and
was quite impressed by its built quality. Unlike some of the other
remotes I've had before (Hauppauge, iMon Pad), the buttons on this one
actually feels like real buttons which gives a *click* when you press
them. When I then realized that the receiver now works out-of-the-box
on all recent kernels, I ordered a bunch of them as bundles: For
approx. 18USD (including shipping from Hong Kong) you get a decent
quality MCE remote + MCE-receiver and transmitter. The receiver is a
little big, but I can live with that, once it has been hidden away :)

This is the bundle I'm talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Wireless-Remote-Mice-Control-Window-MCE-XP-Vista-7-/390300002328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adfb16818

Best regards
Kenni