[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 31 19:29:46 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 02:44 PM, Dan Wilson wrote:
> It almost seems as if mythfilldatabase gets stuck. When it times-out, it
> is always between 200k-300k into the transfer, everything seems to be
> working to that point, and then the disk i/o just stops.

Problems with your /tmp directory/filesystem that cause it to fill up
when mythfilldatabase is writing to it?

>   I don't see any
> indication that anything is downloading or that any processing is
> occurring. I ran "top", and before the failure point, mysqld and
> mythfilldatabase are always at the top of the process list. Once it gets
> stuck, they vanish.

Or misconfigured MySQL that can't use the /tmp file system either due to
invalid permissions (must be 1777) or, as above, space issues, so it
fails if the amount of data inserted into the temp tables by
mythfilldatabase is large enough that mysqld tries to create an on-disk
temporary table?

Mike