[mythtv-users] How to set MythTV locale

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 30 23:23:56 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 07:01 PM, David Watkins wrote:
> How do I change the 'locale' setting used by MythTV?
>

> I'm in the UK and would like to be using the UK default settings specified in
>
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/locales/en_gb.xml
>
> in particular the default duplicate detection method of "Subtitle then
> Description"

Those settings are only applied if they're not already set in the
database--they're locale defaults for new databases/hosts.  Because you
created your database/configured your host before we had locale
defaults, you didn't get the locale-appropriate value.

So, you'll need to edit the value--just go into MythWeb's settings
editor and change the data for the value with the name David E.
mentioned in his post.

Mike