[mythtv-users] How to set MythTV locale

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Aug 30 23:16:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:01:49 +0100, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>
wrote:
> However, the backend log is reporting:
>
>  - CoreContext mythcorecontext.cpp:1112 (SaveLocaleDefaults) - Current
> locale en_US
>
> and consequently default settings are being taken from en_us.xml.
>

> I'm running a combined FE/BE (0.25) with the backend running as root
> and the frontend as user 'mythtv'.

My guess is that your backend is being started by init scripts.  It may be
that the init scripts are setting up your environment differently than you
would expect, and not loading the same environmental variables as the login
shell.  In any case, running servers as root is considered by most to be a
"bad thing", and you should looking into reworking the init script to run
as user 'mythtv' as well.